1st Belmont Joey Scouts had an adventurous time with 1st Charlestown and 1st Warners Bay Joey Scouts at the Hunter Wetlands Sleepover. Thanks to Stuart Blanch, CEO Hunter Wetlands, Joeys learnt about mosquito fish as they went dip-netting and even managed to avoid falling in, went spotlighting and saw brush tail possums, lots of spider webs and flying foxes and had a visitor with a brush tail!
The next morning, Joeys went for a drive to see the Wetlands. Over the sleepover, Joeys made new friends, ate a lot including ice cream and pancakes with chocolate, caramel and strawberry topping and also their salad greens!
Australian Jamboree 2019 will be held at The Bend Motorsports Park, Tailem Bend, South Australia
AJ2019 the 25th Australian Jamboree is being hosted by Scouts SA. Are you ready for the fun, adventure and life long friendships?
- Dates: January 4th-14th; Scouts are to arrive on the 4th of January and will depart on the 13th of January
- Super Saturday (Visitors day) will be on January 12th
- Scout age range – must be under 15 years as at 4 Jan 2019
- Applications open from 1 October 2017 via special “on line” web site
- The Youth Program is still being developed , but bicycle activities, cart racing and land yachting will feature on the V8 car racing circuit, with water activities on the nearby lakes, patrol activities at the Woodhouse activity Centre and a wide game in the city of Adelaide
- Expressions of interest to assist in the conduct of the jamboree to; email@example.com
- Enquiries from State/Branch Contingents to Greg Warnes at; firstname.lastname@example.org
A special welcome to our newest Joeys, Cubs, Scout and Venturers who have joined us in Term 2. We have a very exciting Term 3 with a new Joey Scout leader, Cub Scout leader and Quarter Master. We would like to say a BIG thank you to Cathy Thomas, who will be leaving 1st Belmont Scouts as Cub Scout Leader (Akela) and Group Leader after many years of service. We also wish Dennis our Cub Scout Leader as he makes Port Macquarie his new home this term.
1st Belmont Joey Scouts have been visiting Warners Bay Joey Scouts for their buddy badge. Joeys have enjoyed the campfire, making new friends and spotlighting. Warners Bay Joeys will be visiting Belmont Joeys and going to the Belmont Fire Station this term. Pei Ling (Wombat) has returned as Joey Scout Leader and she will also take up the role as Leader-in-Charge. She is looking forward to working with a dedicated team of Scout leaders.
We are delighted to have Danielle (Akela Rama) as our Cub Leader this term. She comes to us with many skills and talents and will certainly provide an exciting program for our Cub Scouts. Ellen (Olley) our Scout Leader will be seeing the sights and smells of Japan and will returned all invigorated to lead our Scouts into more adventures. She will be assisted by Ricky (Trickster). Our Venturers have been busy with district program, led by Charlotte, who has been an invaluable help to our group. Welcome back to Brett (Migaloo), who is now our experienced Quarter Master looking after our equipment.
If you would like to take advantage of our $10 early bird discount for your term fees please pay by direct deposit. Fees must be paid prior to the first Monday of the public school start of term ie. 17th July 2017. For more information, 2017/2018 fees.
Term 3 highlights for the 1st Belmont Scout Group
- Grey Wolf presentation (TBA)
- Farewell to Cathy and Dennis (TBA)
- Bunnings BBQ (Saturday, 26th August)
- 90th Birthday party (Saturday 9th September)
- Group Night (Thursday 21st September)